|TO:||Honorable Mayor and Members of the City Commission|| |
|FROM:||Rafael E. Granado, City Clerk|| |
|DATE:||April 21, 2021|
|SUBJECT:||HOW A PERSON MAY PARTICIPATE DURING THE HYBRID CITY COMMISSION MEETING / COMMISSION MEETING PROCEDURES.|
|Please call the Office of the City Clerk at 305.673.7411 if you have any questions.|
On April 21, 2021, commencing at 8:30 a.m., the City of Miami Beach will host a Hybrid Commission Meeting. During the Hybrid Commission Meeting, a quorum of the City Commission will be physically present in a socially distanced manner at the Convention Center, while staff, applicants, and the public attend the meeting virtually. This Meeting is being held as a Hybrid Meeting, in compliance with Resolution No. 2020-31474, to comply with social distancing recommendations intended to protect the life and safety of individuals in the community during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
Observing the Commission Meeting:
The Commission Meeting will be broadcast live on Miami Beach TV (MBTV), viewable on the City’s website at https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/government/mbtv/, as well as on Atlantic Broadband Cable channel 660, AT&T U-verse channel 99, Hotwire Communications channel 395, and ROKU device on PEG.TV channel. Closed captioning displays of the audio portion of the Commission Meeting is available in English and Spanish on MBTV. The Commission Meeting will also be broadcast live on social media at facebook.com/cityofmiamibeach. Closed captioning displays of the audio portion of the Commission Meeting is available in English on Facebook.
Submitting written public comment before the Commission Meeting:
The public may submit written comments by sending an email to CityClerk@miamibeachfl.gov by 5:00 p.m. the day before the Commission Meeting. Please identify the Agenda Item Number in the email subject line. Emails received will be forwarded to the Mayor and Commissioners and will be included as a part of the meeting record.
Providing spoken public comment during the Commission Meeting:
To participate or provide comments during the Commission Meeting, the public may join the webinar at: https://miamibeachfl-gov.zoom.us/j/81392857671 or via telephone at: 1.301.715.8592 (U.S.) or 1.888.475.4499. Webinar ID: 81392857671#. Members of the public wanting to speak on an Item during the meeting, must click the “raise hand” icon if using the Zoom app or press *9 on the telephone to raise their hand.
Members of the public who do not have access to a computer and wish to provide public comment at the Commission meeting, may appear in-person at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive, Washington Avenue Entrance, Room 237, Miami Beach, FL 33139. At this location, members of the public will be provided access to a computer to provide public comment (only in audio form) on an Agenda Item or during the Dr. Stanley Sutnick Citizen’s Speakers Forum.
- The regularly scheduled meetings of the City Commission are established by Resolution. Scheduled meeting dates are available in the Office of the City Clerk’s webpage at: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-Commission-Dates-2.pdf or by calling the Office of the City Clerk at: 305.673.7411.
- The Dr. Stanley Sutnick Citizens' Forum will be held during the first regular Commission meeting each month. The Dr. Stanley Sutnick Citizens’ Forum takes place at 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., or as soon as possible thereafter. Approximately thirty (30) minutes will be allocated for each session, with individuals being limited to no more than two (2) minutes or for a period established by the Mayor. No appointment or advance notification is needed to speak to the Commission during this Forum. During the Dr. Stanley Sutnick Citizen’s Forum, the public may speak on any issues and/or concerns.
- Prior to every Commission meeting, an Agenda and backup material are published by the Administration. The Agenda and backup materials are available on the City’s website: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/city-clerk/agenda-archive-main-page-2/ the Thursday prior to a regularly scheduled Commission Meeting.
- Any person requesting placement of an item on the Agenda must provide a written statement with his/her complete address and telephone number to the Office of the City Manager, 1700 Convention Center Drive, 4th Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33139, briefly outlining the subject matter of the proposed presentation. To determine whether the request can be handled administratively, an appointment may be scheduled to discuss the matter with a member of the City Manager's staff. "Requests for Agenda Consideration" will not be placed on the Agenda until after Administrative staff review. Such review will ensure that the issue is germane to the City's business and has been addressed in sufficient detail so that the City Commission may be fully apprised. Such written requests must be received in the City Manager's Office no later than noon on Monday of the week prior to the scheduled Commission meeting to allow time for processing and inclusion in the Agenda package. Presenters will be allowed sufficient time, within the discretion of the Mayor, to make their presentations and will be limited to those subjects included in their written requests.
- Once an Agenda for a Commission Meeting is published, persons wishing to speak on item(s) listed on the Agenda, other than public hearing items and the Dr. Stanley Sutnick Citizens Forum, should call or email the Office of the City Clerk at 305.673.7411 / CityClerk@miamibeachfl.gov, before 5:00 p.m., no later than the day prior to the Commission meeting and give their name, the Agenda item to be discussed, and if known, the Agenda item number.
- All persons who have been listed by the City Clerk to speak on the Agenda item in which they are specifically interested, and persons granted permission by the Mayor, will be allowed sufficient time, within the discretion of the Mayor, to present their views. When there are scheduled public hearings on an Agenda item, IT IS NOT necessary to register at the Office of the City Clerk in advance of the meeting. All persons wishing to speak at a public hearing may do so and will be allowed sufficient time, within the discretion of the Mayor, to present their views.
- Members of the public may present audio/visual (AV) materials relating to Agenda Items at City Commission Meetings by utilizing the City’s AV equipment, provided that materials are submitted to the Department of Marketing and Communications by 8:30 a.m., one (1) business day prior to the meeting. Advance submittal of a presentation will allow the Communications Department to plan for the use of the appropriate AV equipment. AV materials must be submitted via email at email@example.com. The body of the email must include a notation listing the name or group, contact person, daytime telephone number, email address, description/title of the presentation, and Agenda Item Title as well as the Agenda Item Number. Please reference “Audio/Visual Material” in the email subject line. Acceptable formats for electronic submission are .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .wmv, .avi, and .mov. (Note that .pdf is the preferred format for PowerPoint presentations.)
SUPPORTING SURVEY DATA
|Is this a "Residents Right to Know" item, pursuant to City Code Section 2-14?|| ||Does this item utilize G.O. Bond Funds?|
|No|| ||No|| |
Office of the City Clerk