Lincoln Road Business Improvement District (LRBID)
Since its inception in 2015, the LRBID's mission is to stabilize and improve the Lincoln Road retail business district through promotion, management, marketing and similar services, bringing transformative projects into the district, representing and advocating for the property and business owners, and promoting the development of a diverse and vibrant Lincoln Road. Below follows highlights of the BID's 2019 annual report.
Media and Marketing
Social media growth for Lincoln Road increased to 33,300 connections, translating into 41% growth. Lincoln Road improved a number two ranking on TripAdvisor for Miami Beach, with 17,350 reviews and an 89% excellent rating. The City’s first pop-up special event permit was a Lincoln Road business, Bonefly.
The LRBID's annual report details dozens of events that display a unique atmosphere of energy and excitement. Leveraging the access to cultural institutions on and around Lincoln Road to engage tourists, drive business, promote public art and cultural programming. As part of this effort, cultural institutions such as Miami Beach Urban Studios, FIU, New World Symphony, Oolite Arts, Department of Reflection and Miami New Drama offer informal pop-up performances, tours and immersive cultural experiences.
· 60 Live On Lincoln free, live music performances
· 10 New World Symphony events including the Beatle’s Tribute Pop-Up
· 7 Saturday Children’s Events
· 8 Tango Milongas
Holiday Event Programming
· 30-foot Majestic Mountain Pine Christmas Tree and Traditional Seashell Menorah
· Santa’s Cabana Instagrammable Moment featuring a Tropical Santa that garnered over 17,000 photos assists by Lincoln Road Ambassadors;
· Lincoln Road’s “first” annual tree lighting ceremony, complete with carolers and a Tropical Santa
· Cars, Bars & Cigars: Father’s Day Car Show
· 3rd Annual Make Music Day
· Pioneer Winter Collective’s Seven to the Seventh dance performance
· Independence Day Pop-Up Concert featuring 65 musicians
· Sponsorship and support of the South Beach Jazz Festival
· Miami Beach Gay Pride Light the Night
· Colony Theatre Sponsorship
· Free, twice weekly wellness events, including:
· Free yoga on Sundays and Wednesdays
· Lincoln Road Walking Club on Tuesday morning
· Zumba (sponsored by Baptist Health South Florida) on Tuesday evenings
· Mat Pilates on Saturday mornings
· Monthly Yappy Hour for Lincoln Road’s four legged visitors and their human companions.
Washington Avenue Business Improvement District (WAVE)
Formed in 2017, the Washington Avenue Business Improvement District provides innovative services aimed to stabilize and improve the retail business corridor from 5th Street to 17th Street. As exciting new hotel development nears completion within the district, the BID focuses on recreating the Washington Avenue experience for visitors and locals alike by curating a quality commercial retail portfolio and unique cultural programming.
The BID has become an active participant in Miami Beach’s artistic, business, and community organizations, including the Miami Beach Chamber. The BID also features an Ambassador program that provides visitor outreach, customer assistance, and enhanced sanitation services.
Since the end of 2019, the district has been the focal point for implementing the City’s Vacant Storefront Cover program, featuring the vibrant and colorful DASH art student designs. The BID has been instrumental in the rapid installation of the artistic covers, which improve the visual aesthetic and cohesive feel of the commercial district.
BID leadership provides a platform for its small business owners and operators to promote and develop their businesses through increased visibility, marketing strategies, safety procedures and formation of community partnerships. The BID helps foster relationships and communication between its members by hosting a monthly WAVE Business Breakfast and quarterly Executive Business Networking event.
The BID sponsors popular monthly events promoting the retail business district, including various entertainment programming. The Miami Beach Live Music & Art Series presented a diversity of musicians, such as latin, rock, reggae, blues, and jazz performer, as well as comedy and spoken word artists. The BID also presented the first annual WAVE Wine & Beer Taste festival, featuring local, domestic and international flavors.