The administration believes that the Orange Bowl 2021 College Championship game is an important cultural and economic impact initiative for the City of Miami Beach, and recommends that the Mayor and Commission approve a sponsorship portfolio that is identical to the one given to the Super Bowl Host Committee 2020 which would include:
(1) A waiver of city special event permit fees in the amount not to exceed $175,000 (as specific site plans are not currently known). This amount would not include any Boucher Brothers displacement fees - the Orange Bowl would need to pay those fees for any events taking place directly on the beach front.
(2) A cash sponsorship in the amount of $400,000 in support of orange bowl events taking place in the city of miami beach;
(3) A city contribution for orange bowl event-related public services (police, fire, sanitation) in an amount not to exceed $250,000 - this amount would not include parking spots - those would need to be paid for as per City ordinances.
(4) A waiver of MBCC facility rental fees in the amount not to exceed $850,000.00, subject to an orange bowl commitment to provide a public benefit which is TBC. This waiver would not include corkage or internet fees as those are third party suppliers.
(5) A creation of a Orange Bowl "clean zone," to provide Orange Bowl with competing event protection with respect to third-party events requiring a city special event permit for dates TBC, in the area generally bounded by 22nd Street to the north, 5th Street to the south, Jefferson Street (between Dade Blvd and 15th Street) and Washington Avenue (between 15th Street and 5th Street) to the west, and by the Atlantic Ocean to the east;
(6) A Coca Cola sponsorship waiver during this time.
(7) The City of Miami Beach to be recognized on all marketing, digital and social collateral as it pertains to any event included in any of the line items above. The administration will work directly with the Orange Bowl Host Committee to finalize what those sponsorship recognition pieces will look like.
(8) Two (2) tickets for all City of Miami Beach elected officials to all Orange Bowl Host Committee initiatives / events taking place within the geographical limits of Miami Beach.
(9) The administration does not recommend waiving rental fees for The Fillmore, as it is managed by a third party supplier.