Committee Assignments - C4 N
|TO:||Honorable Mayor and Members of the City Commission|| |
|FROM:||Commissioner Ricky Arriola|| |
|DATE:||May 8, 2019|
|SUBJECT:||REFERRAL TO THE LAND USE AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, PLANNING BOARD, AND THE FINANCE AND CITYWIDE PROJECTS COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS INCENTIVES TO REVITALIZE WASHINGTON AVENUE.|
The City Commission held a workshop regarding the future of Washington Avenue on April 16, 2019 at the Wolfsonian. At the meeting, the Commission agreed to endorse new measures to further incentivize the desired development of the Washington Avenue commercial corridor as recommended by Bernard Zyscovich from Zyscovich Architects. I ask for the following items to be discussed at the Land Use & Development Committee, Planning Board, and the Finance & Citywide Projects Committee.
Referral to the Land Use & Development Committee and Planning Board
- Waive concurrency fees for new sidewalk cafes.
- Allow administrative approval for loading in alleyways.
- Eliminate off-street parking requirements for those properties on Washington Avenue that develop co-living residential, office, or fine dining uses.
- Eliminate parking requirements for parklets associated with fine dining uses.
- Increase the permitted height to 75 feet for properties on Washington Avenue that develop co-living residential and/ or office uses.
- Extend sunset provision from Section 130-33 of the City Code.
Referral to the Finance & Citywide Projects Committee
- Create a parklet fund of $50,000 to subsidize the cost of converting on-street parking spaces to parklets.
Commissioner Ricky Arriola